- Work/Life Balance, Balancing the Grind, 31 September, 2019
- Pros and Cons of Hiring a Social Media Manager, TickerTV, 26 September, 2019
- Don’t Treat Customers As $$$, TickerTV, 18 September, 2019
- How Aussie Businesses Are Failing At Social Media – And What To Do, TickerTV, 11 September, 2019
- Facebook ‘clear history’ feature, ABC Sunshine Coast, 22 August, 2019
- Communication student wins best student campaign at social media awards, Gympie Times, 2 September, 2019
- Social Media Crime and Extremism, ABC Southern Qld Drive, 7 August, 2019
- How to Create Careers Online, Sunshine Coast Daily, 22 July, 2019
- How to Create Careers Online, Gympie Times, 22 July, 2019
- Think when you post on social media, Adelaide Advertiser, 29 September, 2018.
- Karen Sutherland studies internet behaviour and job seeking, Hot91/Zinc FM, 24 September, 2018.
- No jobs for internet trolls: expert. Sunshine Coast Daily, 21 September, 2018.
- The 7 mistakes on social media that will cost you a job. Sunshine Coast Daily, 20 September, 2018.
- Macquarie U ends email student news, Campus Morning Mail, 9 August, 2018.
- Baby boomers get blogging. Aged Care Insite, 29 January, 2018.
- USC academic helps baby boomers to blog, MySunshineCoast, 25 January, 2018.
- Biggest social media blunders. Third Sector, 11 July, 2017.
- Snapchat’s Snap Map feature raises child safety concern and void in online education. ABC News, 28 June, 2017.
- Study tour to examine social media in Vietnam. MySunshineCoast, 20 September, 2016.
- Taking Action – Building Trust Via Social Media. Pro Bono News, 21 June, 2016.
- BLOG Charity Facebook Followers Prefer to Share. Pro Bono News, 4 August, 2015.
- Facebook Content that Works for NFPs, Pro Bono News, 30 June, 2015.
- Charities can learn from Ice Bucket Challenge, Sunshine Coast Daily, 14 April, 2015.
- Ice Bucket Challenge gives charities a wake-up call, MySunshineCoast.com.au, 14 April, 2015.
- NFPs: Best ‘Social’ Includes Offline Experiences, Pro Bono News, 24 March, 2015.
- Experts to parents: Don’t let kids use Instagram before 13, Sunshine Coast Daily, 4 March, 2015.
- Top Methods that Encourage Charity Giving: Research Findings, Pro Bono News, 19 August, 2014.
- Social Media Privacy, The Social, SYN Radio, 22 June, 2014.
- A Not for Profit Social Media Policy? Pro Bono News, 15 May, 2014.
- Social Media, Statewide Afternoons with Fiona Wyllie, ABC North Coast, NSW, 7 May, 2014.
- Social Media Engagement for Business, Taking Care of Business, RPPfm Radio, 2 May, 2014.
- Converting Donors after ‘Friend-raising’ Campaigns, Pro Bono News, 20 February, 2014.
- What is Your Social Media Response Time? Pro Bono News, 26 November, 2013.
- Klout scores, Gretel Killeen, ABC 702 Sydney, November 25, 2013.
- Passmore, D (2013), Charities’ Chasebook is turn off for targets, Courier Mail, Brisbane, 28 October, 2013, p6.
- Charities a turn off on social media, Adelaide Advertiser, 28 October, 2013, p22.
- How Not for Profits Deter Donors on Social Media, Pro Bono News, 24 October, 2013.
- Should NFPs Use Interns to Manage Social Media? Pro Bono News, 26 September, 2013.
- Social media for small business, Taking Care of Business, RPP Radio, 13 September:, 2013.
Social Media a Tough Internal Sell for NFPs, Pro Bono News, 27 August, 2013.