Academic Conference Presentations
- Sutherland, , K.E. (2015). Blending the barriers between social media and offline spaces through the use of a propinquital loop – A case study of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, Australian & New Zealand Communication Association Conference, Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Sutherland, K.E. (2014). Reciprocation rates and attitudinal barriers inhibiting current and prospective donor, supporter and volunteer responses to charitable organisations via social media, Australian & New Zealand Communication Association Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- Sutherland, K.E. & Barker, R. (2013), The influence of transmedia storytelling folio examples on employer perceptions of public relations graduate employability– a pilot study, Public Relations Institute of Australia Research Colloquium, Adelaide, Australia.
- Barker, R & Sutherland K.E. (2013) Employer expectations of public relations graduates’ transmedia storytelling proficiency, Australian & New Zealand Communication Association Conference, Fremantle, Australia.
- Robson, R & Sutherland, K.E. (2012) Public relations practitioners and social media: themes in a global context,World Public Relations Forum, Melbourne, Australia. p103-107.
- Sutherland K.E. & Symmons M.A., (2012) Development of processes and assessment to facilitate a broad multidisciplinary Work Integrated Learning package, The Australian Collaborative Education Network (ACEN) 2012 National Conference, Geelong, Australia. p282-284.
- Sutherland K.E, (2011), Utilising Facebook to create an online community for PR students, PR Directions, Sydney, Australia.
- Facebook Content that Attracts Positive Interaction – A Content Analysis, ConnectingUp Conference, 28 May, 2015, Adelaide, Australia.
- Conference Chair, The 4th Annual Higher Education Communication Officer’s Conference, 17 & 18 June, Melbourne.
- How donors, supporters and volunteers are using social media, ConnectingUp Conference, 9 May, Gold Coast, Australia.
- Co-Facilitator, Future of Fundraising Workshops, ntegrity, February 6 & 12, Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.
- Social media in HR practice – an ethical double-edged sword, Australian Higher Education Industrial Association Annual Conference, 1 November, 2013, Perth, Australia.
- Social Media – A Challenge for the Media Industry, Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance Media Seminar, 3 August, 2013, Gippsland, Australia.
- How to write for Web 2.0, The 2nd National Higher Education Communication Officers Conference, Melbourne, Australia, June 20, 2012.
- Conference Chair, The 2nd National Higher Education Communication Officers Conference, Melbourne, Australia, June 20, 2012.
- Development of processes and assessment to facilitate a broad multidisciplinary Work Integrated Learning package,Monash Graduate Employability Symposium, Monash University, 29 May 2012, Clayton, Australia.
- Tactics to make your research narratives stand out, The 2011 National Higher Education Communication Officers Conference, 11 May, 2011. Sydney, Australia.